11 May 2017
FISITA, the international federation for the automotive mobility engineering profession, today announces Andy Palmer, Vehicle Line Director at McLaren Automotive Ltd, as the special guest speaker at FISITA PLUS – a new one-day conference in London, UK on Thursday 13 July 2017.
Andy, who is responsible for new vehicle development for one of the world’s most recognised and aspirational brands, will deliver an insight into what drives McLaren Automotive and how they reflect their people’s passion and energy into shaping the future.
Andy joined McLaren Automotive in 2013 to strengthen the world class McLaren Engineering team. Prior to this role he was the Engineering Director of Ford’s Joint Venture in Russia, FordSollers, with responsibility for the development and implementation of the company’s technology, product cycle plan and strategy for the Russian market.
Chris Mason, FISITA CEO, said: “We’re really delighted to announce Andy Palmer as the special guest speaker at FISITA PLUS. Andy has excellent experience and expertise, placing him in a unique position to deliver a fascinating perspective as we explore the future of mobility - in support of this engineering generation’s development of safe, sustainable mobility.”
Andy Palmer commented: “I am delighted to have been invited as headline speaker at FISITA PLUS. This is a fantastic occasion for the world’s leading automotive specialists to gather in one place to discuss our fast evolving industry - a topic that is shaping the future of McLaren Automotive.”
FISITA PLUS will feature a prestigious presenter line-up from some of the world's leading automotive and mobility companies at the prestigious County Hall in London. The conference will be split into three sections and speakers will present under the following headings: The Mobility Future; Artificial Intelligence and Mobility Technology and Propulsion of the Future. The day will commence with a live video-link welcome from FISITA President, Dan Nicholson, VP Global Propulsion Systems at General Motors, live from GM’s Pontiac Engineering Center in Michigan.
The confirmed speaker line-up to date includes:
- Michael Hurwitz, Director of Transport Innovation, Transport for London
- Prasad Venkatesh, Senior Technical Leader, Ford Motor Company
- Dr. -Ing. Norbert Alt, Executive Vice President, FEV Europe
- Prof. Luc Van Gool, Professor, KU Leuven
- Prof. Walter Van Dyck, Professor of Technology and Innovation Management, Vlerick Business School
- Dr. Tim Leverton, Head of Advanced and Product Engineering, TATA Motors
- Dr. Wolfgang Warnecke, Chief Scientist Mobility, Shell
- Remi Bastien, Alliance Global Director – Prospective Autonomous Driving, Nissan Renault
- Andy Palmer, Vehicle Line Director, McLaren Automotive Ltd
FISITA is also offering an exclusive opportunity for select companies to be part of this event and has created a number exhibition, sponsorship and advertising opportunities to generate valuable brand placement visibility – find out more here.