24 September 2020
Hypereutectic Aluminium Brake Rotor is now available from Marc Rettig, Ford Werke GmbH, on the EuroBrake website. He answers a few related questions in this Spotlight.
What do you find most interesting about the topic you are presenting on?
It’s a significant weight reduction and robust against corrosion, hence beneficial for vehicles with brake energy recuperation.
How has coronavirus affected your work and has it had a direct impact on the work you are presenting?
Corona adversely affected team communication and especially all test work, with dyno and vehicle test facilities down.
Who do you think will be most interested in seeing your presentation and who would you most like to ask questions about it?
It’s other OEM and foundation brake suppliers and independent research facilities.
Marc Rettig is the Supervisor Brake System Development at Ford Werke GmbH.
- 1997 Degree in Mechanical Engineering of the RWTH Aachen University
- 1997 - 1998 Development Engineer Chassis Modules ITT Automotive
- 1998 - 1999 Development Engineer Shocks & Struts Mannesmann Sachs
- 2000 - 2001 Development Engineer Chassis Components Visteon
- 2001 – 2002 Development Engineer Integrated Vehicle Dynamics Control Audi
- 2002 - 2012 Development Engineer Brake System Ford
- Since 2012 Supervisor Brake System Development Ford